When you have got an elephant by the hind legs and he is trying to run away, it is best to let him run.
- Abraham Lincoln

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Spring 2011

This was going to be the last semester before I received my Associates degree; however it looks like it may not. I will need to finish one more history class in order to graduate. I AM ok with this because even post-graduation I still will be attending SCC for two more semesters to finish all of my lower division course work for CSUS. It is just much cheaper to do it this way. Today it did sting a little when I met with my councilor but it’s all good!
I try to be original and think out oh the box but I was inspired today when I saw a young man having his photo taken next to the large SCC sign in a cap and gown. I thought it was a great photo location and look forward to taking my graduation photo there as well. Graduation and the photo will be the capstone on a long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long community college career. (One long for each year I have been at this). I was looking at a face book post a year ago an dfound this post from the day i began school again for the umteenth time:
'Well the first day of school was not bad! In fact I enjoyed myself. One of my biggest fears was that I would be the old man in my class but my humanities teacher may has me beat by at least 40 maybe 50 years. I did feel weird when the 16 year old sat down next to me in comm. Now if they could only get bigger desks! January 19, 2010 at 9:06pm via iPhone'

I am still not the oldest person in and much more comfortable, successful and optimistic about college and education as a whole. I am always willing to share my advice and support to anyone who is considering returning to school or beginning school. One of the best choices I have made in my life.

This semester I am taking two history courses, intermediate algebra, and s theater art class, if maintain my GPA I should be able to accomplish my goal of graduating with honors. Pretty good job for boy who wasn't cut out for college!

1 comment:

  1. Keep grinding. It took me 7 years to get my BSc from UCD-- I got pregnant and married, had to work, take care of a kid and husband. My husband is STILL in school, we joke that he's in the 25th grade with two more to go. Your heart will be so full when finish that last credit and you get to wear that cap and gown.

    ReplyDelete