When you have got an elephant by the hind legs and he is trying to run away, it is best to let him run.
- Abraham Lincoln

Monday, January 17, 2011

January 17, 2011

I was just thinking…
How every time my boys leave, after spending time with us, how quite our house is. I often hear how some parents yearn for the peace and quite of children sleeping or the stillness when they are away, but for me when I come home and the house is so still and quite it makes me miss them so much more.  I miss the laughing, pounding of boys wrestling and yes even the arguing between brothers. I love being a father and a dad. I also love seeing my boys grow up into fine young men. It was a wonderful birthday gift for us all to be in the temple together last Saturday. We were able to do baptisms and feel the wonderful sprit in Gods house. I love to do new things with my boys, one reason why is that it is so fun to experience things for the first time through their eyes, an example of this is the first time children go to Disneyland, I used to think that there was nothing better than seeing the look in children’s eyes the first time they walk down main street or the first time a little girl runs up to her favorite princess (most likely Belle). But nothing can compare to the look in my boys faces and the sprit I felt as I saw them walk into the House of the Lord and perform the Lord’s work. My heart was and is so full of love and appreciation for that experience. I am also so proud to know that my two boys live their lives in way that they are worthy to stand in holy places and feel their Saviors love so abundantly. I am blessed, and love my boys.  
But, Most of all I love the noises of boys.
I was (also) just thinking…
How wonderful it is to have a chance to serve those who have served me in the past so well. My wife and I were so well taken care of by dear friends of ours who have recently fallen on hard times. It has been such a blessing to now have the chance to offer them our service, love and support. As they have taught us through their excellent examples. As I write this my wife is preparing to spend a day at the hospital to support, encourage and simply just be there for a woman who through her example and love has helped mold and form my wife into the wonderful woman that she is today, Sandra and I now have the opportunity to repay a small portion of the service Love and support she has provided us. I love and appreciate  you both Sandra and Sharron.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Honey! You're blogging?! Awesome. Did you see I blogged too last night. I guess we both couldn't sleep..huh? Hoku didn't sleep well either. I think she ate too much yesterday while I was at the hospital. I just shoved some bread down her throat hoping it'll help pass whatever needs to pass..I love you!

    ReplyDelete